Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP Desktop BIOS Unlock Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening,

I'd just like to preface this with I'm pretty inept when it comes to this stuff so please bear with my stupidity if I say something dumb.

I bought a prebuilt computer from BestBuy and made several upgrades to it. I am currently running 1.7V through a 3.0 ghz * 4 CPU, and can't lower the voltage due to the BIOS being hidden. A lot of people were telling me I'm going to melt my computer. Is there any way I can take advantage of this situation or am I cursed to live with an underpowered CPU and high temps?

HP Model: M8530F
BIOS: American Trends Inc.
Version: 5.29
Date: 04/28/2009

I can't, for the life of me, find a link to this stupid BIOS. Please let me know if there's any other information you need or if you have any insights as to what can (or probably can't) be done.
Please run the following program to backup your current bios and then we will see if theres anything else hidden Smile

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Universal...Backup.EXE

Regards
Admin
Ad-Aware pegged it as a password stealer. I hope I didn't just give away my life to unlock my BIOS. Tongue

no , its a false positive! Tongue

Sadly , theres no hidden options in this bios Sad Time for a new motherboard i think if you want more options Sad

Admin
(11-22-2010, 02:34 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]no , its a false positive! Tongue

Sadly , theres no hidden options in this bios Sad Time for a new motherboard i think if you want more options Sad

Admin

Ok, thank you muchly