Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Power 1000 CPU support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-04-2011, 09:26 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, sometimes it isn't always just the AGESA ROM. Did you try updating the AGESA from the ASUS board I assume has a similar chipset (normally helps make it successful)

Thanks,
TheWiz

I didnt take into consideration the board chipset. I cant seem to find any other boards right now with the same chipset. Still looking though. I'll update if I get something done.

Any recommendations as to which program to use to do the modifications?
Normally always use CBROM for ROM replacement.

TheWiz
(03-04-2011, 09:49 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Normally always use CBROM for ROM replacement.

TheWiz

Well do go. When I updated my bios file with NCPUCODE.ROM it turns on, shows the power light and gives video output with the dual core processor; With the quad core it turns on and shows the power light but no video output.

Then I updated the AGESACPU.ROM Everything works normally with the dual core but the quad only turn on, no power light or video output.

Gonna try some more things.

EDIT

Using CBROM I found that the nc_cpucode added another line with the same name and ROM but did not show the cpu microcode as updated. So I used award bios editor to replace the NCPUCODE.ROM at the right offset. Ended up bricking my bios :/ have to wait til tomorrow to continue(will reflash and fix at work Smile ).
Pages: 1 2