Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Request for unlocking BIOS on Acer Aspire 3400
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good afternoon !

I was wondering if it would be possible to unlock and/or reveal hidden functions for the BIOS of the Acer Aspire 3400.

I have no idea of the MoBo manufacturer, although there are only a few AMD 880G/SB850 models on the market. I suspect Foxcon or Jetway. The BIOS is soldered.

The latest official BIOS is American Megatrends (AMI) version P01-A3 of 08/10/2010.

The computer was shipped with version P01-A2 but I flashed the newer version upon checking for updates on Acer website.

The flashing software provided by Acer was AFUWIN v4.42

The batch file showed the following parameters: AFUWIN /p /b /c

I noted the following Infos when I ran AFUWIN:
Chip: SST 25VF080B
BIOS Size: 1048576 bytes
Bootblock: 65536 bytes
NVRAM: 65536 bytes
Core version: 08.00.15
Release date: 08/10/10
System ROM ID: 9B3A1028
File ROM ID: 9B3A1028

In the Setup panel, only the "Block: Main BIOS Image" and CMOS Options: Nothing" options were selected.

Attached is the BIOS file (9B3A1028.rom).

Hope someone can help, thank you in advance !

Benny
File not attached?

Admin
I searched and I found the original BIOS @ Acer... here it is...
[attachment=1444]
Sorry for the missed attachment, here it is: [attachment=1445]

I believe it is the same file that Mr TW found and posted. Thanks !

I had forgot to say the computer model is an Aspire M3400. There exist also the X3400 wich uses a different chipset (nVidia) instead of the AMD 880G.

Why is the BIOS file so big ? Is it the OEM logo ?

It would be nice to chane the graphic too...

Benny
Sorry but all options are unlocked. There are no further hidden settings in this bios Sad

Sorry
Admin
(11-26-2010, 07:10 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but all options are unlocked. There are no further hidden settings in this bios Sad

Sorry
Admin

Thanks for your efforts and quick reply on this !

Do you think that there could be any possibility to add features if ever I manage to find a similar BIOS for another motherboard ?

I would like to play with voltages etc a little bit to overclock slightly my PC.

I was also hoping to activate SATA III.

Benny.
Its extremely risky but you could try finding a matching retail motherboard and flashing that bios but the chances of it working are extremely small!

Best stick with what you have or buy a new motherboard

Regards
Admin