Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [RE-request]Enable more ram support- Acer Aspire E560 - AMI R01-B1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying to find an unlocked version of this bios file.
R01-B1

Please can anyone look into this for me, ive also looked into trying to do it myself but i'm afraid I lack expertise,i would be very grateful if I could get to the greyed out fsb, multiplier and caches in the freqency control section.

I have just discovered that this bios, is only recognising 3039MB of my 4096Mb of installed memory, I have 2x 2gb of memory installed and CPU-Z is recognising both memory sticks correctly.
BIOS reports
Base Memory 640KB
Extended Memory 3039MB
Total memory 3039MB

Does anyone know if there is a way for this to be fixed, as i'm now running a 64bit system and would like it to be able to access all the RAM installed.

Thanks

This bios doesnt have any hidden settings in it Sad Sorry!

The options you mention in frequency control that are greyed out are not changeable ie. They just provide a readout of the current FSB and multiplier - they arent editable

Admin
(12-01-2010, 07:40 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]This bios doesnt have any hidden settings in it Sad Sorry!

The options you mention in frequency control that are greyed out are not changeable ie. They just provide a readout of the current FSB and multiplier - they arent editable

Admin

Aww thats a shame, appreciate you giving it a look for me.
Thanks
Ive just edited the first post with a new request. I hope someone can help me with this one.

@1234s282, any chance you could give my file another look and see if you can get it to see all my RAM?

Thanks again.