Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: M2N-MX Se Plus & an X2 555 be
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, Bios Mods community,

I have an M2N-MX Se Plus and a faulty Phenom 9600. This poor excuse for a chip has a failing core that requires me to underclock the chip to be able to keep it stable for more than 5 minutes.

I have an opportunity available to me to get an X2 555 Black Edition, however upon doing some checking, it is not clear whether an AM3 chip can function in this particular AM2+ board. Is there any further information available here?

I did see one thread where a member created a custom BIOS for this board, however I could not understand what he fixed in it, nor could I make out the correct upgrade procedure. As I do not have additional blank BIOS chips to burn up, I would prefer to get it right the first time!

Thank you for your time and consideration!
Bios Link Please!

Admin
(12-02-2010, 04:13 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Bios Link Please!

Admin

I apologize, that was an epic reading fail on my part.

This is the latest motherboard BIOS:
[attachment=1459]

This is the latest M2N68- Plus BIOS: (I chose this board because it is seems to be rather similar)
[attachment=1461]

This is the BIOS revision for the M2N68- Plus that claims to have added support for the Phenom 2 x2 555:
[attachment=1460]

If it is a possibility, it would be very cool if the quad core unlock feature could be implemented in this in some fashion; however, that is not an absolute necessity. The chip I am looking at getting is a known 4 core capable 555.

Is there any additional helpful information I can provide? Thank you for your time!
(12-15-2010, 03:30 AM)uest Wrote: [ -> ]I must say that I too am having the exact same problem and I really have no clue as to whatsoever is to be done in order to fix the Phenom 9600. So just like you, I am having a hard time keeping it stable for more than five or six minutes!

If you drop the multiplier in the BIOS to like 10.5 or so, you should gain a great deal of stability if your issue is the same as mine. But then you'll be running an underclocked CPU- Not something most people wish to do unless they are looking for saving every mW/hr possible!