Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Changing the full screen logo on a AsRock A330GC with AMIBIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I just tried to change the full screen logo on an asrock a330gc and sadly bricked it in the process. I have a second one and would like to get it right this time. As I assume there is a good portion of knowledge concerning bios modification here I think it is wise to ask here aswell. Smile

The steps I took were:
- I extraced the .rom with AFUWIN 4.45, as there was no .rom file available for this motherboard and I could not extract it from the AFUWIN.exe with included BIOS that I could download from the ASROCK site.

- I then used MMTool 3.19 to extract the OEM LOGO module from the .rom file. To my surprise it was a .jpg file I could directly open in IrfanView or PhotoShop.

- I edited the .jpg in PhotoShop and saved it as a non-optimized, non-progressive JPEG. The file size was slightly larger than the original, but since the BIOS file had room I did not think that would be a problem.

- I replaced the oem logo module with MMTool 3.19 and flashed the BIOS with AFUWIN 4.45.

- After a restart I entered the BIOS to turn the full screen logo back on. I saved my preferences and rebooted.

... the only thing the PC displays since then is a black screen. Sad

Could someone enlighten me what I was doing wrong? I assume I chose the wrong format or that the file must not be larger than the original, but I rather know for sure than brick another two boards...

Thank you for your attention and have a nice day! Smile
in every case you can name it as you want but it is in fact a compressed .pcx!! For me here it is possible to load any file with ending .jpg or .jpeg with irfan-view or photoshop because they do a real on-the-fly-translation. If it is a picture or a plain-text-file it is shown. Only if I try to open with windows paint and it is not what I called it I get an error-message...
I can open it in Paint and Photoshop with both .bmp and .jpg ending. When I rename it to .pcx PhotoShop throws "the file format module can not parse the file". Regardless of the ending (except .jpg) IrfanView throws "the file is a JPG file with incorrect ending. rename?".

I have attached the file and the extracted rom.

I appreciate your help! Smile