Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus P5BW-LA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any chance someone could mod the bios for this OEM HP Board?
It's an Phoenix Award.
I've linked the Bios Installer, i would appreciate it if someone could at least try.. I don't want to buy a new motherboard cause this ones decent.
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software9/C...p35153.exe

ThanksWink
Can't get it open! Sorry
Admin
(12-06-2010, 11:16 PM)HP_m7635_uk Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance someone could mod the bios for this OEM HP Board?
It's an Phoenix Award.
I've linked the Bios Installer, i would appreciate it if someone could at least try.. I don't want to buy a new motherboard cause this ones decent.
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software9/C...p35153.exe

ThanksWink

i cant open the latest bios version sp35153.exe but was able to unlock ver sp35101 previous bios version for your mobo. cpu freq was the only o.c function worth unlocking so up to you. how i did it extracted .exe using win rar changed 326.Rom to 326.bin and opened with modbin only problem i couldn't change the file extension back to .rom so cant use original hp installer so ive included win flash and awd flash use at your own risk as its untested!
good luck
Im also looking for oc options for this board. I downloaded the package, booted into ms-dos and it says the bios number does not match the mainboard. Im using the same board.

The winflash utility reports that it is the wrong size. And ideas?
Use Award Winflash and save a copy of your current BIOS and post that and I'll take a look. I don't deal with EXE files.
When you are sure it is the right (/working) BIOS you can force awdflash.exe to flash whatever you want it with the undocumented commandline-swith /f...