Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Unlock addition voltage for P4 520 on GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this at all possible? When I tried overclocking a Pentium 4 I got (just to have some fun with it) and popped onto my board, my voltage limit is 1.4v!!!! This is crap for a P4. Can someone mod the bios so that it allows me to go to, lets say, 1.8v in 0.00625v<1.6v and 0.02000v>1.6v?

I wanna see what I can do with this P4....
a bios download link please

We can change the default/available settings but we still dont know if the change is purely visual ie. Changing the text to read 1.4V to 1.8V actually makes it run at 1.8V

Admin
Oh sorry about that.

Also I am fully aware of this as the bios I have right now never truely sets said voltage in bios... I have my Q6600 running at 1.504 CPUz, but in bios it is set to 1.5325.

But again, I just want to be able to go above 1.4v for a P4.

What would be a possible ETA for these (if you can say, as I understand these things do take time)?

Ive unlocked a couple of things but cant find the voltage option! Tongue Its location would be appreciated

Try the unlocked bios at your own risk , extra menu called Advanced Clock Control

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/P45UD3P2%...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
(12-14-2010, 07:02 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive unlocked a couple of things but cant find the voltage option! Tongue Its location would be appreciated

Try the unlocked bios at your own risk , extra menu called Advanced Clock Control

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/P45UD3P2%...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin

Sadly that I have no idea where it could be.... All I know is that as soon as my board "sees" I put a P4 chip into, something kicks in (safeguard or something IDK) and locks the vcore to 1.4v with Pentium 4 chips... Anything that is a C2D or C2Q has no issues what so ever with going up and beyond 1.9v+

Also this little board has something called Dual-Bios ^_^ There is a spare bios on this board, so if the primary becomes corrupt, it is automatically loaded back in. Although this resets the board back to the BIOS it came with from fractory, it is nice not having to worry about bricking my board so much (which I have done a few times because of a bad overclock).