Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: biostar TP45-HP update cpu code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, and thanks in advance for any help I may receive! I own a Biostar tp45-hp motherboard, and ive updated to the latest bios from www.biostar.com.tw , problem is that i have an intel celeron E3200 dual-core processor, and im being plagued by blue-screens and random restarts. CPU-Z reports my processor as a 65nm E1600, even though its a 45nm E3200. From what i've read, the processor might be too new, and the latest beta bios says "Update to latest CPU Micro code ( Beta )" but still having the same problems. This board is a decent cheap overclocking board, especially for dualies, yet i cant get it completely stable regardless of settings. I have run this processor @ 3.4Ghz stable on a cheap BIOSTAR G41D3G motherboard which has very little in the way of overclocking options, cant even turn off speedstep, yet on the tp45 hp, its barely stable regardless of frequency or settings. Any help would be appreciated, and i'm not a complete newbie, so i understand the risks associated with bios modding, and i'm willing to take a shot. Again, Thanks in advance. Link to latest bios: http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/bio...p?BID=2104
a link to a similar Biostar board with official E3200 support please so we can switch microcodes from it

Thanks
Admin