Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] GA-MA790X-DS4: Phenom II Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here you go, latest AMD AGESA and Microcode added! Be sure to rename to bios.bin on flash.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/MA79X%281%29.bin

Good Luck!
TheWiz
Thanks very much, will flash in a minute! Good to see you guys have finally extracted the microcode!
I tried it. Flashing the BIOS with @Bios under Windows 7 works so far, but when restarting the PC, the Mainboard gives me a Checksum Error and restores the Bios from the Back Up ROM.

Sad

I hope Gigabyte is bringing an update soon, i want my Phenom II 955 BE to work.
I will try to update this to reflect newer progress in these mods. There 50/50 right now.

TheWiz
I've checked the gigabyte website for a while, i was expecting to see some new cpumicrocode from gigabyte.
They actually told these motherboard owners to buy new motherboards because the cpumicrocode size is full.
Is this really true? I really wanted to add the phenom 2 x6 so it can be recognized by the motherboard.
I've tried to search the forums here and there for answers but i can't seem to find them. I've also read a few tutorials and have learned alot. I'm really glad to be around here now.
But first i want to add my new NCPUCODE.BIN to my bios.
CBROM tells me the NCPUCODE.BIN is 24.00K, and the latest NCPUCODE.BIN i've downloaded from wizkids thread is 30k.
Can i simply add it? Or do i need to delete older processors to make up for the cpucode size?
Im using the F10 bios MA79XDS4.bin See attachment.
Thanks for your consideration!

:edit:
:help is needed because the size difference gives an error, and extracting the original ncpucpode is a no go.
Good thing is i have dual bios so i can actually flash it without having a dead mobo.
I know the micro code should be compatible with all south bridges if im not mistaking.
I tried to free up some space by releasing the award bios logo and releasing the ncpumicro code.
I have 26.76K in Remain compress code space.
The new micro code is 30k Sad.

F9 Bios http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...=2695#bios
Quote:Update CPU ID(AGESA 3.5.3.0 for PhenomII /AthlonII AM3 CPU)

Quote:F10A Beta BIOS
Update RAID\AHCI ROM
in theory it would be possible to remove other modules like the splash screen to create more free space for the bigger cpu microcode (biggest AMD CPUCODE file is 30kb)

Anything you dont use? LAN? RAID?

Admin
Well the thing is i got really mad because it always kept saying that the bios file is invalid and it was recovering from the backup bios.
I got mad and actually enable the DMI part between the main and boot options in awardwin tool.
Now it's dead Big Grin i'm not even sure if i can fix it Wink

And no i don't use lan/raid. (just 1 drive connected to the SATA port)

:EDIT: I made the motherboard force to recover the bios by connecting 2 pins to eachother with a paper clip. (CE Chip Enable & SCK Clock)
It's all working now! And i don't have steady hands Wink more like 2 left hands.

http://www.sst.com/dotAsset/40504
page 3 Datasheet Wink

Ok for an Autist i've done dangerous stuff but who doesn't dares who does not learn! So still big thanks to this website/forum.

Anyways is there still someone who is able to do the bios modding to add the 30kb ncpu code to the F10 bios without making it invalid somehow?
I guess hex editing is needed for this motherboard.
Hi all! Smile

I've recently bought a PhenomII X3 720.
My motherboard is the Gigabyte MA790X-DS4.
I replaced my old CPU (an Athlon X2 6000+) with the new one, but there is an issue upon booting the computer.. Sometimes it boots normally, and sometimes it keeps checking and resetting the bios. Sad

I was on F9 bios version (the 720 is supposed to be supported since F6). I also installed the F10D version, same thing. Even tried with the F6 version but once again, nothing. I again updated to F9 version.

I've read somewhere (don't remember where) that if I install the F5 version, it will work just fine, but it won't recognize the cpu model, what's up with that..?

Hope you guys can help me out! Smile
Please post a bios download link and we will take a look

Thanks
Admin
I suppose a link from the original bios update, right?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...=2695#bios
Pages: 1 2 3