Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Maximum RAM for Packard Bell iXtreme MC 9334 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Packard Bell iXtreme MC 9334 with Ubuntu 10.10.
Bios: V0.27 of 10/27/2006
Sound card: board integrated.
The mother board has to slots of memory.
I have tried to install 2x2GB of RAM, but then the sound says "Salida boba" (spanish) in other words, it makes no sound, all works OK except the sound.
Then I have tried putting only 1x2GB of RAM, and then the sound card (board integrated) works OK again.

Is it possible with a bios upgrade to make the sound work OK with 2x2GB of RAM ?

Please, let me know any idea.
Thanks in advance.
More info:

*-core
description: Motherboard
product: Cuba MS-7301
vendor: Packard Bell BV
physical id: 0
version: 1.0
*-firmware
description: BIOS
vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
physical id: 0
version: W7301VP2.027 (10/27/2006)
size: 128KiB
capacity: 448KiB
capabilities: isa pci pnp apm upgrade shadowing escd cdboot bootselect socketedrom edd int13floppy360 int13floppy1200 int13floppy720 int13floppy2880 int5printscreen int9keyboard int14serial int17printer int10video acpi usb ls120boot zipboot biosbootspecification
I think it's a chipset limitation.
First of all: Thank you very much, Dansolo, for answering.

Are you sure it's a chipset limitation?
If it is, can a PCI sound card (other than the board integrated one) work with all the 4GB memory?
I am wondering if I could use 2x2GB memory if I buy a new sound card (PCI).

Thanks in advance.
Hmm. Actually, it might work. Give it a try, I guess.
(01-04-2011, 06:51 PM)Norber Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Packard Bell iXtreme MC 9334 with Ubuntu 10.10.
Bios: V0.27 of 10/27/2006
Sound card: board integrated.
The mother board has to slots of memory.
I have tried to install 2x2GB of RAM, but then the sound says "Salida boba" (spanish) in other words, it makes no sound, all works OK except the sound.
Then I have tried putting only 1x2GB of RAM, and then the sound card (board integrated) works OK again.

Is it possible with a bios upgrade to make the sound work OK with 2x2GB of RAM ?

Please, let me know any idea.
Thanks in advance.

this seriously sounds like a driver issue ive had the same issue with more than 2 gigs of ram with certain wifi cards bet if you try a card it will work fine