Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Notebook HP G62-b07SL switchable graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,
i'm trying to install Linux on the notebook in subject, but i'm encountering problems with the switchable graphics that is not well recognized by the Xorg driver. The driver itself says to disable the auto-switch and set the "discrete" mode in BIOS but I don't find anything like that in the BIOS menu.

The BIOS is a InsydeH20
ID 1439
Version F.46

Any suggestions?
P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
(01-05-2011, 02:26 PM)ZeL Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,
i'm trying to install Linux on the notebook in subject, but i'm encountering problems with the switchable graphics that is not well recognized by the Xorg driver. The driver itself says to disable the auto-switch and set the "discrete" mode in BIOS but I don't find anything like that in the BIOS menu.

The BIOS is a InsydeH20
ID 1439
Version F.46

Any suggestions?
P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Xserver does not switch graphics cards for now. You should use switchero kernel module and choose graphic card you want BEFORE Xserver start. Did you buy notebook with BIOS F.46 or you upgraded to this version?

Yeah, Linux support for this is in its infancy. David Airlie from Red Hat has been working on it. VGA Switcheroo is an option. If you go to www.phoronix.com, a Linux news site, you'll get the occasional post about this subject. (No, I am not affiliated with that site.)
@mlytvyn
When I bought the notebook there was the F.34 version.
Then I upgraded it, first to F.35 and then to F.46, taking them from the HP site.

I will look for the switcheroo patch....thanks!