Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer/ECS SF2/661FX REV:1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OOOPs I did it again.
I bought an Acer Aspire T310 with the above mentioned mainboard.
As ECS don't want to give me any update or unlocking of the BIOS I'm asking you guys, what you can do. I want to have the modules up to date and the BIOS-mods-splash and maybe if there is any features unlocked. Eventhough this PC is fast I want to try to make it even faster. I attached BIOS R03-A0 whatever that means...
If anyone can confirm there are some donors, I've found gigabyte, msi and foxconn using the same chipset with the same layout...
I checked the FTP resources on the site, and I Googled a bit, and your SiS chipset doesn't seem to be popular enough to have new Option ROMs available. At least not easy to find ones. Here's some stuff unlocked... mostly memory-related and the settings are very coarse. Untested, try at your own risk.

If I feel bored enough then I'll try to find some newer OROMs, but I dunno. We'd probably be best off finding boards based on the chipset with the latest initial release date as most manufacturers don't update OROMs past that initial release unless they have to.
I was afraid this could happen one day... Thanks anyway! This PC is getting new graphics, a TV-tuner, some sort of IR-stuff, an IDE(!!)-BluRayDisc-drive and a modified Windows XP 64 Media Center Edition. And then it will be connected to me brand new home-cinema-entertainment-station... I love late christmas gifts... Smile
Okay, I got bored and looked up some stuff. I found some MSI boards with the same chipset.

Unlocked
SATA RAID ROM 1.05 -> 1.07
SiS 6330 VGA ROM 0.98 -> 2.51 (big jump in version number, not sure why... I tried 2 MSI boards. One had 2.20 and one had 0.96.01 which is older than yours.)

EDIT: Found VGA ROM 2.51 at Wims, so changed it from the 2.20 to that.
I will be watching this with interest , as thats quite a leap in version numbers!

Admin
So thanks anyway Dansolo! When finished downloading my XP MCE image I will flash that BIOS.
BTW for flashing various BIOSes it is a very good idea to make a freedos-installation before you install windows XP... Wink

[br]

It work flawless!! I don't know why, but the BIOS even showed me a few new options to set and the PC went up to 213 points more in 3Dmark 2005!!!
New options=stuff I unlocked. More points=newer VGA ROM. Glad it worked. Smile
Actually I don't even use the onboard VGA... And , OH, I didn't recognize the "unlocked" in your post what it is... Wink
Now the last thing is to change the DMI, the BIOS isn't made exclusive for Acer anymore, it is made for bios-mods.com and I want to reset the serial, anyone can help?
I don't know about the serial but I suppose I can change that Acer message... what do you want it to say?
made for bios-mods.com

And if you are just inside can you also replace the bootlogo?
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=1513
would be nice... Wink THX anyways...

And if this also works we can put the whole thread to the unlocked section! Smile
Finally! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3