Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Inspiron 1720 Memory/RAID Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm looking for a modification to the Inspiron 1720 (and possibly others later) to enable 8Gb of RAM and RAID. I'm a programmer by trade, former certified micro-miniature repair technician and I moonlight as a Dell laptop repair tech. I'm very interested in growing my side business. I'm looking for a cheap but powerful (well powerful enough Big Grin) platforms for some software I'm working on. Love the Inspiron 1720 for this. It would be totally awesome if I could get by the 8gb limit and juice up the performance/fault-tolerance by getting the raid going on them.

I'm willing to pay a reasonable sum on terms for this if I can get an exclusive license and the modification is secure. I'm willing to contribute if it can't be secured or if there's no interest in a contract for an exclusive license. I'm not fabulously wealthy but if we can come to agreement then it's all good.

I'd be more than happy to barter for it if possible. I can offer programming services or some repair services, I even has some laptops to offer although all I have in stock right now are Inspiron 1525s, they're some great machines, well configured in very good condition. I'm very open to any sort of wheeling-and-dealing on this if possible.

I can contribute to the project as well if anyone needs something figured out in hardware or software and can point me in the right direction, I'll do my best to help out and save some of the cost.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Thanks,
Darren
Sorry for the double post... Is this not possible? If so somebody tell me and I'll find a different laptop. Big Grin If it is possible I'll definitely hook a brutha up as long as it's on terms we agree on.
As far as im aware I dont see how this can be done Sad

Sorry
Admin
(01-25-2011, 06:29 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]As far as im aware I dont see how this can be done Sad

Sorry
Admin

What's the worst problem that you know of? If it's hardware related there are quite a few different motherboards for the 1720. I'll get them all if need be.

I heard they dumbed down the 1720 so it wouldn't compete with the M1730. I have them both! Big Grin Gonna try an unrelated mod for my 1720 in the next week or so.
Oh! Idea I may have just solved the RAID problem in a different way! Will post results when I get a chance to try it out. I'm super busy right ATM.