Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Unlocking Insyde BIOS on HP Mini 210-1000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I couldn't really tell which place to post this in, so if it needs to be moved, by all means...

Anyway, I recently came into possesion of a broken HP 210-1000t, my mothers boyfriend had cracked the screen and lost the charger.

I bought a new screen and charger on Ebay and got it all working again...

My problem is that it's not working at peak performance.

The processor switches multipliers from x6 to x10 depending on CPU load, obviously to save battery life. I never use it without the charger, and so I don't care about the battery.

Also, the BIOS is completely locked. I can change the password and boot device order, but nothing else.

It's using an Insyde BIOS, F.12. The motherboard inside it is a Foxconn ML1-H94V-0. It's running 1GB of DDR2 PC6400 RAM, a 160GB HDD and an Intel Atom N450 at 1.66 Ghz.

I'm about to be upgrading the RAM to 2GB and another problem is that I can't figure out how to change the integrated RAM usage of the GMA 3150. It's only pulling 128MB and when I upgrade I want to bump it to 256MB.

If anyone has some info on this, or a way to unlock the BIOS or possibly overclock this little sucker. That would rock. Or even just a way to make the multiplier lock at x10 so I don't get spotty performance.

The thing I really want to use it for is an MMO called Dead Frontier that uses the Unity3D engine. It runs like crap and I'm trying to glean the most out of this netbook for when I'm on the road.

Thanks in advance.
We cannot unlock Insydse bioses yet , the topic is still in discussion and we will announce it when it IS possible

Sorry for the inconvenience

Admin
Clear Bios Password for HP Mini – Compaq Min...
http://laptoppassword.blogspot.com/2011/...-mini.html
Has anyone unlocked the extra menus for this machine?
please post bios link or specific model infoSmile