Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: BIOS Extraction - Please Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently upgraded my bios on my (Acer) laptop, and in the process, the computer froze. I need to try and recover it, but cannot do so without the .wph file. The Acer website only has .exe files. When I tried to extract one, after trying various methods, I did get a .wph file, but it is incomplete/broken. If anyone could please take a try at extracting the bios file, that would be great! I've attached my incomplete/broken one for reference. Below is the link to the bios:
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...0665966506&Step1=Notebook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%208943G&OS=721&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_4
just run the windows flash file(ZYA_106_Win.exe) on any of PC,
then it will show up temporary folder and files to located.

BIOS1.WPH from ZYA_106_Win.exe
(01-24-2011, 12:40 PM)cyberpark Wrote: [ -> ]just run the windows flash file(ZYA_106_Win.exe) on any of PC,
then it will show up temporary folder and files to located.

BIOS1.WPH from ZYA_106_Win.exe

Thanks. Do you have any clue why Phoenix Bios Editor says "PSI Analysis Fail!" When I try and open it?
Sorry I don't know.
one of my clue is that the Phoenix Bios Editor doesn't support the new version bios, like as the PSI Analysis.

It might be better to ask administrator further mods.
it froze DURING flashing?

if so DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER!

try to flash your bios USING ANOTHER PROGRAM!

Good Luck!

BTW i've had to bring a dead PC back after a botched BIOS flash

let me put it this way, we didn't have a computer for 6 months.