Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Award or Phoenix, May be Unlockable??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If someone could please look at my bios. Im not sure if its classified as Phoenix or Award. According to the Bios(splash screen) itself is says Phoenix. However, Everest states it as Award and so does Universal-Bios Backup (I found that here). I know Phoenix purchased Award at some point so now all I am is confused??

Here is the link to the Bios D/L. You will have to click on Downloads and Bios update is the first one "bios 1.90"

This is a Toshiba Laptop A665-S6094 Core i7 740qm.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/....jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=2759678&rpn=PSAW3U&modelFilter=&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663

I also attached a Back-up I pulled from my Laptop incase ther is is issues with the link.

Thank you for your time!!
Hi Cobra welcome to the forums!

While the BIOS was pretty impossible to manipulate image wise, I am pretty sure you are dealing with a Phoenix BIOS and not an award BIOS. The installer includes a pflash.exe utility that is normally used by manufacturers for Phoenix BIOSes only.

Thanks,
TheWiz
TheWiz,

Thanks so much for the reply. Judging from what I had seen I tend to agree with you. Kind of bums me out do to the fact I was hoping to get to unlock some user adjustable features. Thanks for verifying this Bios for me!!

Cobra03
Hey no problem. Let us know if there's anything else you want looked at.

TheWiz
I haven't looked at your BIOS but is there any particular feature you're looking for? I have "exchanged" some menu options in Phoenix BIOS but nothing too advanced yet...
Hi DanSolo.

Mostly CPU related options. ACPI would also be a plus. Maybe changing the whitelist for mini-pci cards. Yea I know, don't ask for to much right! lol

Cobra03