Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Need help with modifying Intel D101GGC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am new to BIOS moding stuff and have spent almost two days in vein. I need help to modify the Pentium 4 Logo and some texts in the BIOS.

I was able to extract the background splash BMP with CBROM 195 but the logo BMPs don't get extracted right (maybe they are EPAs).

When I use ModBin v6 it gives me stack overflow. The original.bin file that it extracts contains the HEX strings I need to modify but don't with ModBin crashing I guess it's not possible can anyone guide me please.

You can download for review the latest BIOS version 313 here
I'm too lazy to do logo/text requests but I can tell you this:

-Use CBROM 1.98, not 1.95. 1.95 is old.
-Make sure you're using the latest modbin... 2.04.03 is what I have.
Thnx Dansolo for the reply. Despite being an older version CBROM 1.95 is working great for me and but the EPA compression in BMP's is the problem, but I would still give version 1.98 a try.

As for modbin 2.04.03 you mentioned, I already had tried 2.01.01, 2.01.02, 2.03.02 and 2.04.03 but all in vein Sad

Its some sort of Intel's custom overlay that may cause modbin to crash. D101GGC's BIOS from Dell & Fujitsu on the other hand are easily modifiable by the old tools.
Also make sure the filename isn't very long or too complex. Modbin hates that.
its the default name of 8 strings that conforms with the DOS standards "GC-0313.BIN". Also the it's location on my pc is D:\BIOS\GC-0313.BIN. Modbin also resides in the same folder, so that not the case also.