Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte GA-D525TUD [PXE/gPXE]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm the proud owner of a Gigabyte GA-D525TUD
Currently Bios: F3 (Newest version) Award

Currently the PXE part is not functional it will not boot correctly. PXE is working when i use a USB stick and boot gPXE from this.

Some extra info:
Realtek NIC Realtek RTL8111E
| lspci -n -s 01:00.0 01:00.0 0200: 10ec:8168 (rev 06)|

It has Family Controller Series v2.35 installed [PXE]

I tried to patch the bios myself but failed.

My request would be if it is possible to:
A. Patch the newest Realtek version 2.39 or see the attachment

and/or second bios B. Patch it with the gPXE rom for this NIC that I have made from the gPXE source see attachment or here for the TAR

Thanks in advance
Two options, one with RPXE 2.39, one with GPXE... both updated JMicron JMB363 OROM to 1.08.01 (which only works sometimes, apparently... but you should be okay without RAID, I think)

I took a look in Modbin and noticed non-selectable RAID-mode but I don't know if it will work with NM10 so I didn't touch it... Does AHCI mode work for you? I don't see a PCI OROM for AHCI...
(02-02-2011, 02:30 PM)Dansolo Wrote: [ -> ]Two options, one with RPXE 2.39, one with GPXE... both updated JMicron JMB363 OROM to 1.08.01 (which only works sometimes, apparently... but you should be okay without RAID, I think)

I took a look in Modbin and noticed non-selectable RAID-mode but I don't know if it will work with NM10 so I didn't touch it... Does AHCI mode work for you? I don't see a PCI OROM for AHCI...

Boths roms work, the gPXE one fixed my issue regarding the network boot setup. It is set to IDE haven't checked AHCI yet, i can try if the RAID solution works if you enable it Big Grin

(02-03-2011, 05:18 AM)Kaicho Wrote: [ -> ]Boths roms work, the gPXE one fixed my issue regarding the network boot setup. It is set to IDE haven't checked AHCI yet, i can try if the RAID solution works if you enable it Big Grin

Kaicho,

What did you use to flash your 10ec:8168? I have one too (in a TP-Link 3468 card).

I have looked for flashers, but I'm not sure how to load the .ROM. Anything you can help with would be greatly appreciated!