Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell OptiPlex GX520 & GX620: CPU Upgrade to P4 and Pentium D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
You post three reports from three different systems (UG982, RJ290, X7841). I've analyse them but can't help you. Sorry...
They are all GX520, all the three i have. Anyway thanks.
Three different systems - three different motherboards.
I thought there was only two "revisions", seems like it's three and perhaps more(?). So far only the 0RJ290 can supports D820 without the stupid warning on boot.
I'll try to found a solution, nothing to lose anyway. Thank you for your time.
hate to bump up this thread but i'm in the same predicament. Has anyone managed to modify the bios to disable the unsupported processor warning for pentium D units?
Tell S-spec of your CPU. And post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
Thanks for responding DeathBringer. Here is the screenshots from cpuz.

The current CPU i have in here is an SL88t (but i also have two SL9QQ processors here that do the same thing)
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL88T.html

Upon looking through CPU-World, i think the issue is that this particular PentiumD 2.8 may not be on the supported list as there is about 3 other pentium D 2.8ghz processors there. I'd love to get support for at least the 820 as that's actually what dell was supposed to support in the last bios update.

[Image: cpuz1.png]
[Image: cpuz2.png]
img
Latest BIOS (A11) for GX520 has latest version microcodes for CPUID=0F44 & CPUID=0F65.
(11-12-2015, 11:34 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Latest BIOS (A11) for GX520 has latest version microcodes for CPUID=0F44 & CPUID=0F65.

Yes i have the A11 bios but it still shows the "unsupported processor" error. According to dell this unit is supposed to support up to the Pentium D 820. The GX620 is supposed to support up to a Pentium D 925. certain revisions of the GX520 board are still showing up the "unsupported processor" error regardless. Mine is giving me the error too.

I know this is an older board but lots of people have had this problem and was hoping someone can modify the bios to bypass this.
Incompatible processor warning is not unsupported processor error. On error system is halted, on warning you can press F1 to resume.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13