Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell OptiPlex GX520 & GX620: CPU Upgrade to P4 and Pentium D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(11-13-2015, 09:26 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Incompatible processor warning is not unsupported processor error. On error system is halted, on warning you can press F1 to resume.

You're right but i was still hoping someone could help with a solution for this.
I don't know tools for editing Dell's BIOS.
(11-13-2015, 10:28 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know tools for editing Dell's BIOS.

unfortunately neither do i Sad
anyone?
I'm trying disasm BIOS, but need help. Download RWEverything and post value of MSR with addresses 0x198 and 0x1A1.
And check in Device Manager what device has I/O port 0x8B8.
RWE gives me an error when i open the MSR tab As for the device manager. I don't see anything at the exact port 0x8B8 Sad
[Image: untitled.png]
print screen windows
Do you run RWE with administrative rights? Try portable version, 64 bit or 32 bit. Or try to find another tool for MSR reading...
Status on your screenshot is "Starting SMBus function". When I press CPU MSR registers button I see another status - "Starting MSR registers function"...
About Device Manager... To view how your computer has assigned your I/O addresses open Device Manager, click View at the top of the Device Manager window, click Resources by type, and then select Input/Output (IO). This should give you an output similar to the picture shown below
[Image: ioaddress.jpg]
here is the entire IO tab, just in case i miss something. I tried the RWPortable portable and installer and they give me the same error. Sad

[Image: image.jpg]
screen shot on pc
This is interesting part:
[Image: df2c308cdf450c004ea5badae86d8916.jpg]
Need values from this region.
And post Diagnostic Indicators status when warning about processor on the screen.
what do you need from them? all of the data from the resources tab?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13