Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: How to edit Award BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to edit the award bios of a acer PC. I want to replace the splash screen, can anyone help me with the required tool to edit award Bios.

Thanks in advance
Please post a link to the bios download and the bios splash screen you want and we will have this modded for you super quick Smile

Admin
thanks 1234s282, but i would like to try myself, can you suggest one software for that purpose
You can use CBROM found on our download page yo replace your splashscreen or EPA logo with the desired BMP picture. Please make sure the picture is in a BIOS acceptable format.

TheWiz
Thanks bro, tried this command
cbrom.exe acer.bin /logo AE.bmp

and got this error
198.exe V1.98 [08/27/08] ©Phoenix Technologies 2001-2008
Adding AE.bmp ..................................... 35.4%
acer.bin have not enough space for adding ROM. (Over 18305h bytes)

any idea??
HI CA50,

Put simply, it means whatever you are trying to replace the logo with is bigger than what your BIOS has space for. Can you upload the BMP you are trying to use?

TheWiz
Check this attachment
The picture must be resized to meet a 800x600 size in 16 bit colors only.
tried that, same error. BTW the original bmp image from the bios was 600x400
The error is because your BIOS image cannot exceed 512KB in size and adding the image in compressed format does so. In order for it to fit you need an image that is the equivalent or smaller in size than the original image, or you can release an unused option ROM such as a network boot rom perhaps.

TheWiz
Pages: 1 2