Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ACER Travelmate 2300
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could someone look into this BIOS and see if there are any unlockable options? I probed around in the PhoenixBIOS editor, but I have no clue what I'm doing and don't want to brick the laptop. I saw several things I thought were options, but weren't present in the BIOS menu to modify (things related to hard drives like 32 bit transfers and CPU options, ACPI modes, etc.)

Here's a link to the BIOS image:
http://www.mediafire.com/?k8te32dch2eh90w

The main problem I'm having with the laptop that I hope exposing some hidden options will fix is that speedstep isn't working when I put a Pentium M CPU in it (it's supposed to, other laptops with the same chipset support speedstep)and it's crippling the battery life having the CPU run full throttle 24/7. I'm thinking that ACPI has some options that aren't enabled that can't be changed because the BIOS options are stripped down.
Hi Falco,

I'll be more than happy to take a look for you asap.

TheWiz
I apologise for the delay in answering your request. Please be assured that im looking into it and thank you for your patience Smile

Regards
Admin