Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire E500(ECS R410-M2 v 1.0) modified bios?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello is it any hidden overclocking funtions in this bios

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/BIOS_R02-A3.zip

i have even found the bios on the ECS homepage but when the motherboard comes from a company like Acer in this case can i still use the ECS bios files?

but maybe the bios from ECS dont have any overclocking functions in it either?
is it anyone that have made a modified working bios to this motherboard?

Acer Aspire e500 or ECS R410-M2 version 1.0

ECS homepage: http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Downloa...?MenuID=61&LanID=0&detailid=589

im from sweden so sry for the bad writed english

Greetings// RaukeN
Hi RaukeN,

There are several more useful options in the ECS BIOS but nothing that will help you maintain a better overclock. I would onlt switch over to the ECS BIOS if you are 100% sure they are designed for the same board. As for getting overclocking options that aren't showing up, I'll look into it.

TheWiz
thanks alot TheWiz :-)

and another question i got 2 jumpers that are named BIOS_WP(bios writeprotect i think?) and BIOS_TBL what is that jumper for have tried to take it off and change it from 1-2pin to 2-3pin and started the computer but its not happening anything in bios or anywhere else either?

//RaukeN
i have checked around at the forum and found that some bios have a secret key combination to unlock some options is there any secret code for Acer bios?
Hi RauekN,

The BIOS_WP jumper is the one that is needed to be moved in order to flash. Tthe key combinations if there are any for this BIOS would also be Ctrl + F! and Ctrl + Home.
now i have tried the combinations but didnt get any more options so i hope someone realeases an modded bios with some more fun stuff :-)

but what is the BIOS_TBL jumper for tried change it and use the combinations but still nothing changes

//RaukeN