Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Compal khlbx unlock?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Symbiot,

httuner has ben out for a while, I can try to pick up where he left off. First though, I would appreciate it if you started a thread in the confirmed section of the site with all the screenshots etc.

Thanks!
TheWiz
(02-22-2011, 09:01 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Symbiot,

httuner has ben out for a while, I can try to pick up where he left off. First though, I would appreciate it if you started a thread in the confirmed section of the site with all the screenshots etc.

Thanks!
TheWiz

Hi

What screenshots? of what?
What TheWiz means is we have provided you with a modded bios , you have flashed it and it works. We would greatly appreciate if you could send some photos of the new options available so we can create a new thread in the Confirmed Phoenix Unlocks section including these screenshots Smile

Thanks
Admin
(02-25-2011, 08:42 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]What TheWiz means is we have provided you with a modded bios , you have flashed it and it works. We would greatly appreciate if you could send some photos of the new options available so we can create a new thread in the Confirmed Phoenix Unlocks section including these screenshots Smile

Thanks
Admin

Ah Right..

I will get on this!
(02-25-2011, 08:52 AM)Symbiot Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2011, 08:42 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]What TheWiz means is we have provided you with a modded bios , you have flashed it and it works. We would greatly appreciate if you could send some photos of the new options available so we can create a new thread in the Confirmed Phoenix Unlocks section including these screenshots Smile

Thanks
Admin

Ah Right..

I will get on this!

Hi all! I have the same notebook and i want to flash the bios too..
I run win 7 64 bit.
I have tried to flash with Phoenix WinPhlash and WinPlash64 but none works (running as admin)
1.Which program should i use for flashing?
2.Any guide i should follow?
Hello
i used the modified bios for my KHLB2 and it doesnt boot up. Any chance of recovering at this stage?
Hi,

I just flashed the BIOS to my Compal KHLB2. Disabled IST so I can use the IDA mode.
Thanks for the mod.

Just a few pics of the new menus, which appeared:
[Image: gatxjybd.jpg]
[Image: dhf84mva.jpg]
[Image: s8f8sbyi.jpg]
[Image: vfywlfc8.jpg]
[Image: e9ihx78z.jpg]
[Image: 8mjc7vjk.jpg]

Of 'cause now it would be nice to lower the GPU idle voltage a bit, it seems to produce more heat than the CPU.
Mine is a KHLB2, so it's equipped with a HD4650 (non-MXM).
Question to the experts: What's going to happen, if the voltage is set to low in the ROM? Does it use another voltage for booting, so you can just boot into FreeDos and flash a backup?

Regards,
ZwoCa
I flashed my bios with the modded one by httuner and all went well. However, I'm missing the option for the Cpu Frequency multiplier for some reason... I really want this option so I can overclock!! I noticed ZwoCa is also missing it too, someone please help! Sad
Hi technik,
you are aware, that you'll need a Core 2 Extreme for selecting higher multiplicators?
With a standard Core 2 Duo this BIOS option won't change anything.
(04-13-2012, 04:28 AM)ZwoCa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi technik,
you are aware, that you'll need a Core 2 Extreme for selecting higher multiplicators?
With a standard Core 2 Duo this BIOS option won't change anything.

Hey ZwoCa,

Thanks for replying. I noticed in CPU-Z that my multiplier flutuactes from 9.5x to 10x changing it from P8700 2.53 ghz to 2.6x. I was just hoping that I can just keep the CPU multiplier at 10x. any thoughts? thanks
Pages: 1 2 3