Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [solved] AHCI request for P5K/EPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Could AHCI be enabled for the attached P5K/EPU BIOS? I've tried crossflashing to P5KR to do this, but my PC won't boot on that without clearing CMOS every time.

Or is it really easy and can I add it myself?
Try this:
(02-15-2011, 11:17 PM)Antinomy Wrote: [ -> ]Try this:

Yep, AHCI selection appeares after flashing, but unfortunately cannot boot from any SATA devices, they simply dissapear after swithing to AHCI and rebooting Sad
Indeed, the selection appears and I can set it. But after booting there are no devices to boot from.

It seems to miss the AHCI device selection menu that's available on the P5KR bios under SATA devices. I'll try to attach it, maybe it's possible to integrate it into the EPU rom?

[attachment=1824]
First time that I see such a problem with adding AHCI to Asus boards. They should behave the same way. I'll check in.
Hm... as i remember p5kr has jMicron controller, p5k/epu has Marvell.
As i know p5kr bios fits p5k se/epu motherboard w/o problem.

p5k/epu is identical to p5k pro. The difference is in bridge ich9 (p5k/epu) and ich9R (p5k pro) with raid support.

As for me, i have tried to flashed p5k pro bios. Win 7 seems to work faster but USB ports work wtih lag (external storages more than 4 gig appear in devices but need to assign letter to appear in My Comp) IDE devices seems not working at all.
As for Mac (the point of manipulations - AHCI support) finally i am able to install retail on SATA hdd, even make it bootable. But pci devices seems not working properly (ethernet both internal and external and sound), couldnt make it working in OS.

So... flashed native bios back this time Sad

P.S. Sorry for my English. It's not my native. Rolleyes
My English isn't native too Wink

I've got the info, I'll try to make the original BIOS working before starting "mutant adventures".
(02-17-2011, 06:33 AM)Antinomy Wrote: [ -> ]My English isn't native too Wink

I've got the info, I'll try to make the original BIOS working before starting "mutant adventures".

Hi Antinomy,
Any news on the bios mod, I am still struggling with it ...
Thanks in advance for your job.
Arakis
Are you still trying to mod this Antinomy or should i start saving for a new board? Smile
It turned out to be much more complicated. Yet, I'm still trying Wink
Pages: 1 2 3