Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Custom Splash for GA-MA74GMT-S2 (rev. 1.4) possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

looking for a possibility to enable or change BIOS Splash for at least one of my HTPC mainboards, I found this community, very cool.

I want to use a "Gigabyte GA-MA74GMT-S2 (rev. 1.4)" in a HTPC. Unfortunately it doesn't show any BIOS splash at all, uncommon for Gigabyte.

Since I'm not familiar on any level of BIOS modifications, might it be possible to enable a splash screen? Well, then I would to take the chance for a custom one.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards
fnu
Firstly many apologies for the delay , we possibly could have some searching issues because this post didn't appear in the list of "new posts" when i checked the requests!

Please post a download link to your BIOS and also a link to the splash screen you want and we will see what we can do Smile

Admin
Hey there,

I did check regulary this thread, but found the answer firstly today ...

Here is the download page for this motherboards BIOS (Gigabyte GA-MA78GMT-S2 Rev. 1.4), I use, not surprisingly, the most recent version F10

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...x?pid=3582&dl=1#bios

===

In the meantime I got another one, unfortunately even w/o BIOS splash, also from Gigabyte, GA-MA78LMT-US2H (Rev. 3.5), again the most recent BIOS version F10:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...=3668#bios

Maybe you could also have a look.

In case it does work, I guess you need a picture? What type, what size, what color depth?

Thx in advance for your effort!

Cheers
fnu
800 x 600 pixels , 16 or 256 colour bitmap (BMP)

Thanks
Admin
You mean it will be possible to do? Wow, this would be cool, I'm impressed!

Ok, I'll provide pictures within the mentioned data.

Just for my curiosity, will be possible to enable/disable this splash screen?

Regards
fnu
PYou would ahve to check to see if theres an option for this in the BIOS. If not i can check if theres one hidden that can be unlocked and if theres not then no it wont be possible to enable or disable it but it should be possible to change the splash screen

Regards
Admin