Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Alienware M17x-R1 A06 BIOS Unlocked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

This is the started thread for the unlocked M17x-R1 BIOS that corrects the throttling CPU issues and adds additional options. More info coming soon.

CRISIS INFO: *Coming Soon*
Download Link: *Coming Soon*

[Image: IMG_0351.JPG]

TheWiz
Glad to know got some guru working for R1 bios.. looking forward to this Big Grin
if u want some testers count me in Big Grin
Hey!

Out of curiosity, are there memory timing features locked away somewhere in the A06 or A07 BIOS? That's the primary reason I'm here, to enable my new RAM, 1600MHz (well, 1600MHz capable, but as per the JEDEC standard, slowed to 1333) to actually operate at that speed, without the XMP profile. Turns out, I can't just crank it up to 1600 with the current BIOS functionality, and expect it to work. The thing won't even post. Dodgy

Although the standard CL-RCD-RP timing of 9-9-9 is the same from 1333 to the 1600 XMP profile, the RAS would need be changed, in addition to the RC, RFC, CR, RRD, WR, WTR, and RTP latencies. Is that all available, by any chance? I know it's a far cry, and even if it is, it's probably more work than you wanted, but I suspect that I'm not the only one who'd rather not have to buy software to reprogram the SPD chip on memory upgrades, just to accomplish what the BIOS may have been able to do if unlocked.

So, is it at all possible?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer! Smile
~TiMN8R
(06-08-2011, 01:11 AM)TiMN8R Wrote: [ -> ]RC, RFC, CR, RRD, WR, WTR, and RTP latencies.

...I just opened A07 with the Phoenix BIOS editor, and I do not see most (or any?) of those in the string section. If I'm not mistaken, that means, "no, not possible", doesn't it?
Hello,

when will be the unlocked Bios be released for the Alienware M17X R1?

Best Regards! SimStar
I want to ask, when to wait for this bios, can enable gtx560m?
(02-16-2011, 07:08 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

This is the started thread for the unlocked M17x-R1 BIOS that corrects the throttling CPU issues and adds additional options. More info coming soon.

CRISIS INFO: *Coming Soon*
Download Link: *Coming Soon*

[Image: IMG_0351.JPG]

TheWiz

Thanks for the wonderful work you are putting at your hands!

do you have any release dates?
did this unlocked bios ever appear?