Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toshiba a215-s7472
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
extracted the rom that is in the .ima and its ok, when i emulate it shows the one that you unlocked but nothing happens when i flash it.... stays the same, im using cd to flash....
(03-05-2011, 03:56 PM)kicsrules Wrote: [ -> ]extracted the rom that is in the .ima and its ok, when i emulate it shows the one that you unlocked but nothing happens when i flash it.... stays the same, im using cd to flash....
Did you burn the .ima to cd or the .iso to cd?
the iso....
(03-06-2011, 11:19 PM)kicsrules Wrote: [ -> ]the iso....
You're flashing BIOS with original BIOS file. That's why you don't see the unlocked options. You can't use the iso to flash the modified BIOS. You'll need to use the "2444D230.IMA" to flash the modified BIOS. "Burn" or restore "2444D230.IMA" to a floppy disk or USB flash drive using WinImage software.

Quote:is safe to flash via usb ?
The risk is the same whether you flash using CD or USB.
ok... will try that, im going to do it via usb will report tomorrow
flashed with cd.... everything works nice...... happy with my almost 4yo system Big Grin

btw, theres a setting that says gpu performance mode --- auto / 32 byte / 64 byte.... do you know what is that ?
cant seem to boot from usb anymore :/
(03-01-2011, 12:41 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]There was a LOT of hidden advanced settings in this bios - so many that i had to get rid of some of the "less useful" options to get everything to fit. Some funny coding makes the Others Menu only display 5 items :S

Anyway , flash at your own risk , here's a screenshot Smile

[Image: Toshiba%20A215%20v2.30%20Unlocked.png]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Toshiba%2...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin

The download link is broken (error 404: file not found).
Is it available somewhere else?
Or could someone be so kind and reupload it?

Best Regards,
Mr nUUb
Pages: 1 2