Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Rampage III gene Marvell BIOS mod request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could you mod the BIOS:

ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1366/R...S-0704.zip

with the latest Marvell ROM please?

I'm no longer confident doing this myself Sad

By the way, this board shows exactly the same behaviour as the Rampage III Extreme when it comes to the Intel RAID ROM. If you try any other version but the shipped 8.0.xx it won't load it (tried 8.5.x, 9.x and 10.x).

ASUS said a fix would be released in two weeks... four weeks ago.

At least this way I can connect my SSDs to the Marvell controller. Performance won't be stellar, but at least my rig won't drop a disk from the array, freeze and whatnot.

EDIT: NVM, I put myself together after my last failure and modded the BIOS myself.

If anyone is interested I've uploaded the E6, E7 and Option ROM (and the "donor" 1029 file, from a GigaByte board) so you can MYO Smile

I've used them to mod the 0704 BIOS of my R3G and so far so good, but "use at your own risk" Wink
(03-01-2011, 04:37 PM)MrT0ad Wrote: [ -> ]Could you mod the BIOS:

ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1366/R...S-0704.zip

with the latest Marvell ROM please?

I'm no longer confident doing this myself Sad

By the way, this board shows exactly the same behaviour as the Rampage III Extreme when it comes to the Intel RAID ROM. If you try any other version but the shipped 8.0.xx it won't load it (tried 8.5.x, 9.x and 10.x).

ASUS said a fix would be released in two weeks... four weeks ago.

At least this way I can connect my SSDs to the Marvell controller. Performance won't be stellar, but at least my rig won't drop a disk from the array, freeze and whatnot.

EDIT: NVM, I put myself together after my last failure and modded the BIOS myself.

If anyone is interested I've uploaded the E6, E7 and Option ROM (and the "donor" 1029 file, from a GigaByte board) so you can MYO Smile

I've used them to mod the 0704 BIOS of my R3G and so far so good, but "use at your own risk" Wink
Hi,

Any chance you can do this with the latest Marvell controller firmware 1701 and Gene III 1003 BIOS?

http://www.station-drivers.com/telecharg...s.com).exe

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1...S-1003.zip

Thanks in advance.