Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus laptop special modding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-Manufacturer & Model: ASUS N61Jq
-Bios revision: N61Jq 212
-Bios Type: American Megatrends
-Bios Download Link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/N61J/N61JqAS212.zip

The problem is simple to explain, the notebook is given with a simple keyboard (no backlit)
There is an existing keyboard model which works fine with my model but the backlight keys (Fn+F3: bright down and turn off/ Fn+F4: bright up and turn on) are not responding. Backlit power connector is present.

I don't want to make a hard-mod with solding wire to +5v/ground and have the backlight always ON or doing a complexe electrical schema to have 3 brightness or it...

I suppose the Fn keys routines are hold in the Bios, I have not found any apps to mod *.2xx type roms.. Perhaps not used good keywords in searchs.

So, can somebody look into the bios file if the Fn keys commands are somewhere and if FN+F3 and FN+F4 are disabled/missing and could be added?? Perhaps looking at a G60 bios for backlit commands

PS: excuse me if I make some mistakes about bios contents and for my not-so-good english
hello there I will try to hlep you as best I can, I will also need the bios rom for the model the back lit keyboard is designed for. thx! Big Grin
(03-04-2011, 03:14 AM)Sharky64 Wrote: [ -> ]-Manufacturer & Model: ASUS N61Jq
-Bios revision: N61Jq 212
-Bios Type: American Megatrends
-Bios Download Link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/N61J/N61JqAS212.zip

The problem is simple to explain, the notebook is given with a simple keyboard (no backlit)
There is an existing keyboard model which works fine with my model but the backlight keys (Fn+F3: bright down and turn off/ Fn+F4: bright up and turn on) are not responding. Backlit power connector is present.

I don't want to make a hard-mod with solding wire to +5v/ground and have the backlight always ON or doing a complexe electrical schema to have 3 brightness or it...

I suppose the Fn keys routines are hold in the Bios, I have not found any apps to mod *.2xx type roms.. Perhaps not used good keywords in searchs.

So, can somebody look into the bios file if the Fn keys commands are somewhere and if FN+F3 and FN+F4 are disabled/missing and could be added?? Perhaps looking at a G60 bios for backlit commands

PS: excuse me if I make some mistakes about bios contents and for my not-so-good english

Have posted my problem in another forum, their answer about bios was that there is an EFI bios and that I should look into the DSDT which was a simplier method to enable backlit with ACPI tables ...

Code:
OK, I take a look... so DSDT has to be the solution -> go everest software to find it but what are the softwares to use to mod it/implant the modded one? and also the simpliest soft to look in an EFI bios ? (I'm on windows 7 x64, but I find only soft for OS X)
thx

Euh, Everest told me that is an AMI bios ? normal or not ?

Edit: have looked into the dsdt table but i'm not sure to find sth...

isn't it better to work on dsdt extracted from the "bios" rom ? (i've tried to extract but everytime i get an error ...

I have something... but need to confirm and I did not find where is the FN+F3 and FN+F4 keys command

[quote]
Method (GLKB, 1, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x01))
{
Store (\_SB.PCI0.SBRG.EC0.RRAM (0x0449), Local0)
And (Local0, 0x02, Local0)
If (Local0)
{
Return (One)
}
Else
{
Return (Zero)
}
}
Else
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x02))
{
Return (KBLV)
}
Else
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
{
Return (0x80)
}
}
}

Return (Ones)
}

Name (PWKB, Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x55, 0xAA, 0xFF
})
Method (SLKB, 1, NotSerialized)
{
Store (And (Arg0, 0x7F), KBLV)
If (And (Arg0, 0x80))
{
Store (DerefOf (Index (PWKB, KBLV)), Local0)
}
Else
{
Store (0x00, Local0)
}

\_SB.PCI0.SBRG.EC0.WRAM (0x044B, Local0)
}

Method (GDSP, 1, NotSerialized)
{
If (\NATK ())
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x80))
{
Return (0x01)
}
Else
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x02))
{
Return (\GCDM ())
}
Else
{
Return (0x00)
}
}
}
}

[/quote]

i think a N73 or a G60 bios has the backlit code, for the N73 : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/N73J...QAS207.zip

The connector has +5V and ground ... so i don't know why the keyboard doesn't want to shine when pressing FN F3 or F4... laptops with original backlit keyboards have the backlit flash/wink when starting computer and not me.

Thanks