Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: can you help me please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i want a moded bios for this pc

ECS 945gct-hm livermore8

COMPAQ PRESARIO SR5510F

AMI BIOS 5.19

intel pentium dual core e2140

1gb ddr2 333mhz

Nvidia GeForce 8600GT 1gb ddr2

but my bios is locked Sad
could you supply a link to your bios please or create a back up and attach using this tool

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Programs...Backup.EXE
there it is my BIOS back up

sorry the real model for my pc it is

Compaq Presario SR5005LA

hope you can help me Smile
Unfortunately , the only thing hidden is one setting under Hardware Monitor which to be honest with you isnt worth risking the bios flash for Sad

Sorry , the only step left to try if your willing to take the risk (And its a BIG risk!) would be to try and find a retail motherbaord that the OEM board is based off

Admin
The "Official" motherboards on ECS's website (www.ecs.com.tw) that seem to match your motherboard are:

945GCT-M (V1.0)

945GCT-M2/1333 (V1.0A)

Both of these motherboards have an AMI bios. If your willing to take the risk , theres a small chance that one of these retail bioses will work on your board. Il do some more research into the differences between the two boards and your own.

Admin
Interesting , the HP board supports 800mhz FSB CPU's while the official 945GCT-M (V1.0) supports 1066mhz FSB CPU's and the Official 945GCT-M2/1333 supports 1333mhz FSB CPU's!

The 945GCT-M (V 1.0) looks like your best bet for a bios match but you attempt this at your own risk!

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product...tailID=727&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=16&LanID=0

What would be really interesting is if the difference in FSB speeds is hardware or BIOS related. For example , HP may have just used microcodes for specific 800mhz FSB CPU's so theres a small chance that the retail BIOS MAY add 1066mhz FSB support but thats a guess!

Admin
(03-10-2011, 05:07 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting , the HP board supports 800mhz FSB CPU's while the official 945GCT-M (V1.0) supports 1066mhz FSB CPU's and the Official 945GCT-M2/1333 supports 1333mhz FSB CPU's!

The 945GCT-M (V 1.0) looks like your best bet for a bios match but you attempt this at your own risk!

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product...tailID=727&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=16&LanID=0

What would be really interesting is if the difference in FSB speeds is hardware or BIOS related. For example , HP may have just used microcodes for specific 800mhz FSB CPU's so theres a small chance that the retail BIOS MAY add 1066mhz FSB support but thats a guess!

Admin

thankyou so much admin! by the way, i really have 3 same mobos like this and the BIOS are removable but that doesnt matter, i gonna do this in any case that fail and get corrupted, i can recovery via DOS right? if it cant i just trash it, but if this really help me out im gonna do this to the 3 Smile i post when i finish this issue again thank you so much!

pd: excuse me for my poor english hehe
If you have 3 similar boards then you can restore your BIOS since it's removable. Very lucky of you Wink
Obviously focus on getting one working before flashing to the other 2 Tongue

Let us know how you get along Smile

Admin