Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Biostar TA790XE BIOS acting up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/...p?S_ID=417

Here's the newest version of the BIOS. If I attempt to raise my HT Reference Clock above ~233MHz, it won't POST. I get the error message "Too many cold reset due BIOS POST. System might be incorrectly overkclocked. Press 'DEL' to resume"

Pressing DEL loads up my BIOS and lowers my HT Reference to 200 MHz. My CPU (a Phenom X4 9750) won't run at 250*8, but runs at 200*12, no problem. I forced the PC to boot 250*12 a few times, and it wasn't stable because my vcore was pretty low.

My memory is running at the lowest speed and loosest timings I can define for it. Still nothing.

I have no idea what that message means. I can use software-based overclocking to get by this it seems, but I generally find software-based overclocking causes stability issues.

Does anyone know how to force my BIOS to boot with the settings I've set?
The problem is not in forcing but in stability. I assume, your problem is NB_FID - northbridge multiplier. It's the thing that won't allow you to push the bus high. Lower northbridge multi and you'll be able to go higher. The same goes for software-based overclocking.
It's in the CPU FID/VID Control, the last menu.