Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: amibios info and unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would like to know if I can unlock something for my bios/motherboard and what kind of cpu's this bios/motherboard supports.
It's a packard bell ixtreme i6780be. The motherboard should be a m5800 from acer (that says it when you do bios updates) (packard bell has been bought by acer). The model is described as pt.u5c on the PB website. The chipset is H57.

I have attached the latest bios image with this thread for my system.

Could you tell me what cpu's it support. I have an i3-530 now but i would to update it with a lynfield cpu. The i5 760. I'm having doubts it will work because i don't have a turbo-boost feature in bios (allthough it could be this is enabled by default)

If there 's something to unlock, is it possible to unlock it?

Greetings

Yes, it has strings claiming support for Lynnfield, Turboboost feature and it is enabled (just hidden when you run a CPU that doesn't support this technology).

And I haven't seen a single 1156 board that wouldn't support Lynnfield Wink

So there's no reason to unlock anything - it's all there already.
(03-21-2011, 03:31 AM)Antinomy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it has strings claiming support for Lynnfield, Turboboost feature and it is enabled (just hidden when you run a CPU that doesn't support this technology).

And I haven't seen a single 1156 board that wouldn't support Lynnfield Wink

So there's no reason to unlock anything - it's all there already.

Ok thanks for your reply , i kinda had a hunch because i opened the bios with with one of the editors i downloaded from your site and i looked up the microcodes (took me several hours to find that lol) but i'm glad you confirmed it so i can buy another cpu with no worries.

Thanks again
The microcodes are there too - 6_E_something (don't remember the last number). 65x - Clarkdale, 6Ex - Lynnfield.