Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Jetway NC81-LF AM2+ (New cpus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I have the Jetway nc81-lf itx motherboard which I bought a AMD Athlon x3 445 cpu.

The computer sometimes boots and sometimes it doesnt. I'm thinking that it possible is that it doesnt have the newest Agesa code.

The Newest bios available to the motherboard can be found here:
BIOS A10 - NC81-LF

And i think this motherboard (from jetway too, using am2+) have a newer agesa code since it supports the new 6-cores cpu's.
That bios can be found here:
NC84e-lf - Bios

Would be real greatfull if this could be modded to use a newer agesa code to support my cpu.

Or if somebody can point me into a good guide to do this myself?

//BR
Patrik

Your board uses an award bios , the second one uses AMI so in terms of AGESA i cant just "Swap them over" but i did look at the CPU Microcode patches in each bios and it looks like the second board (With the AMI bios) has 3 more microcodes than your own bios.

These additional 3 microcodes have the CPUID's of 10A0 , 0C1B and 1043. I will insert these into your bios and in theory this should add support. If not , then il look at the AGESA version afterwards!

As im just about to fall asleep Tongue (And you shouldnt bios mod when your sleepy! Tongue) i will do this first thing tomorrow morning for you

Thanks for your patience Smile

Admin

itul

@1234s282
I have posted a similar request recently. What I wonder is if it will suffice to add the microcode patches to the AMI BIOS. Have there been success stories in this regard? I thought a sufficiently recent AGESA is mandatory for the newer CPUs to work.
(03-27-2011, 09:03 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Your board uses an award bios , the second one uses AMI so in terms of AGESA i cant just "Swap them over" but i did look at the CPU Microcode patches in each bios and it looks like the second board (With the AMI bios) has 3 more microcodes than your own bios.

These additional 3 microcodes have the CPUID's of 10A0 , 0C1B and 1043. I will insert these into your bios and in theory this should add support. If not , then il look at the AGESA version afterwards!

As im just about to fall asleep Tongue (And you shouldnt bios mod when your sleepy! Tongue) i will do this first thing tomorrow morning for you

Thanks for your patience Smile

Admin

Thanks for your reply, I talked some to Chris about it and i tried myself to input the cpu microcodes which had no luck, then i tried the agesa that you had on your resources page (think it was 3.5.1.0) and when i flashed with that the board didnt work at all, now i am looking for a bios programmer to reprogram my eeprom Smile but I'm still interested in a version with a working agesa mod.

Have a nice night of sleep!! Smile

//BR
Patrik

AMI AGESA Mods are still a work-in-progress for us at the moment

Admin
AMI AGESA Mods are still a work-in-progress for us at the moment

Admin
AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Angry Angry