Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: SL8MA Support on SuperMicro X6DHE-XB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Are you interested in looking in my Bios?
I added my own operation and I think the CPU's are supported now. I lerned something about Bios modding, but I think I'm a total newB...
But with my little Noconas I don't have any problems with the Bios and the ACPI table looks like that what the jonnyboy wants to add.
My new SL8MA will come next week.

There is something else: How do you edit Biosses like ours? Is it extracting the Bios with Phoenix Bios Editor, than disassembling the update0.rom and edit it? Or how do you edit the Biosses? Or should'nt you tell it or speak about it?
I think it's very interesting and I'm interested in doing it myself Wink

My Bios is in the Attachment
@GaBbErOnDoPe

Interesting ...l. that's exactly the same process as what I did. I just downloaded your mod and its identical to mine!

Is yours confirmed working?

Regards
Admin
i don't know... I have to wait a few days, the cpus will arrive this week.
But when they are here, i will tell you if they are working.

Gabberondope
Ok i look forward to your results Smile
I hope they will work, but I think in the time before jonnyboy said, that there is only one CPU, two cores and 4 threads, okay, I think it's okay, but I don't know, is it really one fully CPU (dual core) or are both two CPU's with only one core supported?!
When the CPU's arrive I wanna test it by putting only one CPU on the board and start. When the first CPU fully work, I will add the next.
That's what I think whre could be the "meaningfailure" (I hope you know what I wanna say Wink )

I write when the CPU's are here and I tested them Wink

PS.: It's about 15,5h different time, now I know, why you aren't online when I start my mashine Wink
Hello, and wonderful day.
Today, my new CPU's came and I build in like I said... And it's really one fully known CPU. But when I add the second CPU there is no difference. Second, I saw, that the Bios only known 1 CPU and 3 threads, there must be something wrong, bur I couldn't find where the fault is....

I'll look in the Bios and look what could be wrong Sad
Can you tell me something abaut the BB.rom???
Is it the file where the CPU's will be tested and when okay the Post will come? Or is there something else? I think there must be some other thinks, because, when I add 2 different CPU's the system will do the same! It'll only accept the CPU0 and will boot.
I found something else: The CPU1 & CPU2 temps can I see in the Bios Setup. I think the CPU is "on" and it's warm, too!

[attachment=4036]
The next Pic shows the CPU identifier... I think this is not correct, too....
[attachment=4037]

Nice greez Sebastian
I need some help...
I looked in the Multiprocessing Table and found this:

[attachment=4038]

Now, I don't know, are the items real number (MpMaxCpus 03)
or is it something in Hex Codes??
I think 03 is not right, but I need help to change the table, because the other codes I could'nt understand....

Thank you for interesting reading my problems Wink
And I think there are more people who wants to add the same Cpu like mine, it's name is paxville DP
I have changed the value of MpMaxCPus - Nice Find there!! Smile

Try my mod again and see what happens , i set it to 8!

Admin
biosflash failed... Black screen... Tomorrow i will check on my laptop for hotflashing the last bios...
I changed the settings in my bios, because it have slic and i think your bios won't work for my board. It's the x6dhe-g. I used the phoenix bios editor for the setting. I saved the table from you and added it in my bios. I hope the mistake was mine?
I'm all out of ideas Sad Sad Sad
Pages: 1 2 3