Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Unlocked] Unlocking acer aspire m7720
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Eey I have the acer aspire m7720 with bios version r01-a3 from AMI

LinkieLink

I would like to know (since its all locked up) what anybody could get unlocked

(sorry for the english)

Grtz. Flame
I second that.
And here is the link to the newest BIOS.
AMI R01-A3

My OS is Win7 x64 Ultimate
But also got
Vista x64 Home

Regards
Zakko
(08-12-2009, 10:25 AM)Flame Wrote: [ -> ]Eey I have the acer aspire m7720 with bios version r01-a3 from AMI

LinkieLink

I would like to know (since its all locked up) what anybody could get unlocked

(sorry for the english)

Grtz. Flame
Sorry to disappoint you both but this file would not open in my modding tool Sad

Sorry

Admin
I was able to open this file in my tools. They're unlockable resource setting but the big thing was hyperthreading and a ton of other settings, that unforunatly everytime I tried to enable tem they reverted to default. I will see if I can fix this.

TheWiz
Thank you very much for your efforts so far.

I hope you succeed in getting something useful, and hearing from you in a short period of time..
But thank you anyways for trying
Sweet. I know others who will look forward to a unlocked bios.

Thx So far
From what ive gathered the flashing tool determines which bios matches your current system and flashes accordingly.

87AA1P07.rom Cannot be opened

842A1P07.rom can be opened and edited but , like TheWiz says , the changes are not able to be saved yet , but yes theres a lot hidden in there!

So i guess your going to have to be lucky and hope the one we can open matches your system.

UPDATE: 87AA1P07.rom is not needed and seems to be corrupt anyway , the tools only flashes 842A1P07.rom as can be seen in afuflash.bat (opened with notepad)

Regards
Admin
Heres a little something to keep your hopes up:

Everything thats hidden but wont be once we get our heads round it!

[Image: extraoptions.png]
I am truley amazed by you guys knowlenged, and efford to help us.

Looks nike so far. Smile
yeah , now we just need to work out HOW to get the changes to stay , and not keep going back to their defaults!

Admin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6