Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: unlock overclocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all Smile

HP 520
unlock overclocking

BIOS:

HPQFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (68MVU) - Microsoft Windows Vista-Based
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38501-39000/sp38863.exe

ROMPaq for HP Notebook System BIOS (68MVU) - FreeDOS Bootable Media
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38501-39000/sp38864.exe
It is not Phoenix BIOS. Also unable to open/decompress it with other tools too. So, I don't know which BIOS it is but it is not Phoenix BIOS.
(04-03-2011, 01:45 AM)kizwan Wrote: [ -> ]It is not Phoenix BIOS. Also unable to open/decompress it with other tools too. So, I don't know which BIOS it is but it is not Phoenix BIOS.

hello, any idea what kind of bios it is??
Rompaqs are there own unique format of bios and while theres a couple of things to decompress it we have never been able to mod one to unlock hiddens ettings Sad

Sorry
Admin
(04-03-2011, 07:28 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Rompaqs are there own unique format of bios and while theres a couple of things to decompress it we have never been able to mod one to unlock hiddens ettings Sad

Sorry
Admin

extract the ROM
(04-03-2011, 03:19 AM)lee480 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2011, 01:45 AM)kizwan Wrote: [ -> ]It is not Phoenix BIOS. Also unable to open/decompress it with other tools too. So, I don't know which BIOS it is but it is not Phoenix BIOS.

hello, any idea what kind of bios it is??
I has work this kind of BIOS before & I can extract it. It's a HP Compaq's BIOS which is Insyde BIOS (use HPQFlash.exe). However, when I tried to decompressed your computer's BIOS, none of the tools I have able to process it. I tried Phoenix/Insyde, AMI & Award tools. All of them said "not XXXX BIOS".
and Insyde bioses cannot currently be unlocked anyway Sad