Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Boot from USB gone from BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My video card died on me the other day and while I was removing it from the case I assume I loosened the power connector to my dvd drive. So today while surfing the net the cable was able to disconnect from the drive and my computer froze. I tried to reboot and got a short beep followed by a long beep over and over. By this time I was freaking out. I opened up my case and removed then replaced the cmos battery. The computer booted up fine except the date was out of whack. After fixing the date and checking everything out I noticed the dvd drive was missing. Looking back in the case that is when I noticed that the power cable had come unattached. After reconnecting the cable and booting back up the drive reappeared and I thought everything was fine. I decided to go ahead and try the bios-mod from 1234s282 and that is when I noticed that boot from usb was missing. The only options are boot from the hard drive, dvd, floppy and I think network. I don't remember floppy being there before but I'm not sure, it could have been there. Of less importance , I assume, my model number and build id are blank too. I don't think that is an issue but I wanted to include it just in case. All I really want is to get USB back so I can try this bios-mod so I can upgrade my CPU. I tried a google search but I couldn't find anything similar to my situation. Anyone have any ideas?
check usb cable also.

and change other usb driver to recognized it.

sometimes, it is required legacy usb port driver ENABLE in CMOS, depended on your usb driver

good luck