Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus P5LP-LE (HP Limestone) Unlock Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have an HP Media Center PC m7160n with an Asus P5LP-LE motherboard that I would like to unlock to overclock the Pentium D 820. By pressing F11 instead of F1, I can access a slightly unlocked BIOS with extra settings, but the CPU and FSB options remain locked. I currently have BIOS 3.03, here's a link to version 3.17 for modification: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...pv-39890-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=228&product=470506&sw_lang=

Thank you in advance for any assistance. It would be greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately this BIOS cant be opened by our modding tools. Its been requested before but just wont open!

If you want to take a big risk , there is a retail Abit motherboard bios confirmed to be working on SOME HP OEM boards but not all. Please be aware that if you try and use the bios found on these forums (Its for the Nettle2 motherboard) you do so at your own risk!

Sorry
Admin
Hi, have been digging the forums for an unlocked version of the bios for this board using windowsXP. I have found tons of threads about this board, but with the vista version 5.23, xp bios version is 3.17 (at HP website). So I am going to start by asking if anyone knows a link for a mod already made, or if someone thinks I could flash the modded vista version? If no to all, then I will post an official request for mod, thanks.

Just wanted to add, HP calls my board Leonite GL8E. It's made by ASUSTek and they dub it P5LP-LE. Hope it helps, thanks.
Please post the BIOS download link and i will check if any options are hidden .
BIOS update Needed
HP Media Center PC m7160n (Desktop)

Manufacturer : HP Pavilion 061
Model : PX721AA-ABA M7160N or Limestone
Processor : Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date : Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.17, 20-Apr-06
SMBIOS Version : 2.4
BIOS Mode : Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer : ASUSTek Computer INC

I'm new here Please help me about BIOS update to newest version
I totally forgot about this thread, sorry. When I was doing this I also bought another PC, and got wrapped up into that. But I have just recently been playing with it again, mainly out of boredom, lol. Anyways here is the link to the xp version of the bios http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...pv-39890-1&cc=us&dlc=&lc=en&os=228&product=1141242&sw_lang= the link for the vista version I can't find anymore. But I did download it before they made changes added that one as an attachment. So if anyone is still interested I would appreciate it. Really what would be nice is if it could be possible for the bios to recognize removable media in the boot menu.
actually koo_weaver the 3.17 bios is for P5LP-LE (Limestone), not for P5LP-LE Leonite as I examined the 317.rom file in Notepad myself.
also 3.17 bios has a date of 4/20/2006 while that 5.23 bios (which is meant for the "Leonite" version of P5LP-LE) has a date of 10/30/2007.