Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Unlock Request: Gateway FX 6831-01c
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Motherboard H57M01

Version: P01-B1
Dated: 03/23/2010

My goal is to be changing to blk clock frequency if at all possible. Please unlock all that can be done. Much appreciated.

edit- i unlocked it myself and there's no cpu frequency change option. is there a way to code it in?
Here you go, everything that can be enabled, unlocked, or unhidden! Big Grin
Enjoy! Big Grin

Download

Just a warning to those out there who downloaded this BIOS. Maybe it worked better for you than for I, but here are the problems I had after I force-flashed it due to the IIM error:

A) It does unlock everything, but that's not much. For example the CPU multiplier is unlocked from 9-21. But 21*133=2.8ghz. As in, the max you can set it to was what the CPU was already running at. The only thing unlocked that might be useful is the RAM, you can set it to 1600mhz, I think I recall the system comes with 1333mhz (I don't know if the H57 mobo even supports 1600 though). Other than that no other significant changes.

B) I got BSOD right away when windows started up. Ran startup repair and no change. Fortunately I had saved a backup of my old BIOS and when I flashed it back on, Windows started fine.

C) Cosmetic only but it will change your boot logo from Gateway to Acer.

Hope this helps someone else out there.