Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Fujitsu-Siemenst Amilo Pro V3205 4GB support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'm trying to unlock support for 4GB RAM support on my notebook, because chipset Intel 945 Express can handle up to 4GB RAM, but there's a limitation from BIOS to use only 3GB.

It shows all 4GB at BIOS system information page, but on POST calculates up to 3.3GB and doesn't load operating system fully (I have x64 version).

How is it possible to use all amount of RAM? Please help me

(04-22-2011, 01:23 AM)Juffus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm trying to unlock support for 4GB RAM support on my notebook, because chipset Intel 945 Express can handle up to 4GB RAM, but there's a limitation from BIOS to use only 3GB.

It shows all 4GB at BIOS system information page, but on POST calculates up to 3.3GB and doesn't load operating system fully (I have x64 version).

How is it possible to use all amount of RAM? Please help me

Really sorry this has taken so long to get back to you on. While im unable to resolve the 4gb ram problem this bios has a lot of hidden options including some overclocking and other advanced settings.

In the process , this bios has become an excellent reference and ive really improved my knowledge working on it.

I ask that you please remain patient for a little bit longer while i put this mega-unlock together Big Grin

Thanks
Admin
Here it is!!! Big Grin Enjoy!

[Image: Fujitsu%20Siemens%20Amilo%20Pro%20V3205%20Unlocked.png]

Try at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Fujitsu%2...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
REALLY BIG thanks for your attention to my problem Smile

but I still get 3GB RAM on system startup page
how should I configure BIOS using new unlocked settings?
sorry if i didnt make myself clear. i am not sure how to address the 3gb ram limit in place. the modded bios i posted does not fix the 3gb limit , it just gives you some nice options to play with which i thought you would rather have! Tongue

Sorry i cant help any further

Admin
The 3GB issue is known problem on older chipset. ICH7M chipset is effected with this problem. If not all, some or most of ICH7M notebooks affected with it. This appeared to caused by TOLUD register. It's a 8-bit register defines the Top of Usable Dram. Graphic memory also defined under TOLUD register. Sorry, I can't explain it in detail on this issue because I only know a little bit about it. There is a workaround though. It's not easy & I don't know how to do it yet. You won't be able to claim all 4GB. At best you'll be able to claim more than 3GB (3.5GB or 3.75GB). Please read here for more information.
thanks for your reply Smile
does really ICH7 the reason of the problem? I can easily change it to another (have changed already on desktop PC Smile), but will it solve the problem? should I find and buy according one with more 4GB support? and which is suitable for?
(04-24-2011, 11:24 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Here it is!!! :D Enjoy!

[Image: Fujitsu%20Siemens%20Amilo%20Pro%20V3205%20Unlocked.png]

Try at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Fujitsu%2...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin

hello,
could you please advice on how to apply the a/m BIOS to make the change do RAM availability ? and making the system load

windows 7 32bit
windows Vista 32bit as well

regards
andy

1234s282, The link are dead(( Can you reupload this bios please? thnx
need help!!! [/u]
Pages: 1 2