Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Editing Bios MSI U210 Spdif ALC888S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I would like to run the spdif on my laptop. I am not physically SPDIF output. But I plugged the 48pin spdif to the codec chip ALC888S. Unfortunately the program to handle the Realtek HD Audio spdif is not an option. My guess is that you need to modify the bios so differently configured system ALC888S. According to the application note ALC888S there are configuration registers. Or maybe someone has any other ideas? The system has 2 spdif output.

I enclose my bios.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28108931/A1241AMS.10C
this is all i can do, the rest is up to you! Big Grin

Download

Thank you very much for your bios, there are many useful options. Unfortunately, Realtek HD audio does not have many options. You can configure sdio0/1/2/3 as AC97, Realtek, gpio. Unfortunately, I tried different options and I still have not enabled spdif output. Maybe someone has any idea? I have tried to simulate the charge 75ohm connector, but still nothing.

(04-23-2011, 10:52 PM)f3bandit Wrote: [ -> ]this is all i can do, the rest is up to you! Big Grin

(04-23-2011, 08:46 AM)ziomal155 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello
I would like to run the spdif on my laptop. I am not physically SPDIF output. But I plugged the 48pin spdif to the codec chip ALC888S. Unfortunately the program to handle the Realtek HD Audio spdif is not an option. My guess is that you need to modify the bios so differently configured system ALC888S. According to the application note ALC888S there are configuration registers. Or maybe someone has any other ideas? The system has 2 spdif output.

I enclose my bios.

you might need to try a modded or different driver package as the ones provided by oem's are usually custom for the oem. try creating a account at this site and searching for realtek drivers in the forums and in the download section. I have had great luck with this site and highly recommend them. some drivers are even modded to work with certain systems. link-> laptopvideo2go
(04-24-2011, 08:47 AM)ziomal155 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for your bios, there are many useful options. Unfortunately, Realtek HD audio does not have many options. You can configure sdio0/1/2/3 as AC97, Realtek, gpio. Unfortunately, I tried different options and I still have not enabled spdif output. Maybe someone has any idea? I have tried to simulate the charge 75ohm connector, but still nothing.

(04-23-2011, 10:52 PM)f3bandit Wrote: [ -> ]this is all i can do, the rest is up to you! Big Grin

(04-23-2011, 08:46 AM)ziomal155 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I enclose my bios.