Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev.2.0 FF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Motherboard Make/Model - Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev.2.0
Bios Version You Want Modding - FF
Link To Official Bios Download - ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/bios/mb_bios_...2.x_ff.exe

Could anyone, please, mod this bios to include the newest Intel ICH10R option ROM? Using SSD raid0 with 3 years old raid drivers is scary. Smile

Thanks!
Heres RAID v10.0.0.1046

Try at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Gigabyte%...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
More comprehensive, more risky:

-Intel AHCI 1.20E+0027 device code 3A22
-Intel Matrix RAID 10.5.0.1034 - should let you boot > 2TB GPT partitions
-JMicron JMB363 1.07.25
-Realtek PXE 2.39

Note: There is already a 10.6 Matrix RAID OROM (and drivers) but I have yet to find the OROM for download except in an Intel BIOS that I don't know how to extract it from. Feel free to use the 10.6 drivers, though. They can be found @ www.station-drivers.com

Marvell is a bit of a mystery to me at this point (since it has multiple different files, and extracting the GROUP17 here crashes CBROM...) so I would rather not touch that.
(06-24-2011, 08:51 AM)Dansolo Wrote: [ -> ]More comprehensive, more risky:

-Intel Matrix RAID 10.5.0.1034 - should let you boot > 2TB GPT partitions
-JMicron JMB363 1.07.25
-Realtek PXE 2.39

Note: There is already a 10.6 Matrix RAID OROM (and drivers) but I have yet to find the OROM for download except in an Intel BIOS that I don't know how to extract it from. Feel free to use the 10.6 drivers, though. They can be found @ www.station-drivers.com

Marvell is a bit of a mystery to me at this point (since it has multiple different files, and extracting the GROUP17 here crashes CBROM...) so I would rather not touch that.

I had no luck with this one unfortunately. When POSTing the system completely skips over where it would normally check drives connected to the ICH10R. The Intel Rapid Storage Technology Manager within Windows also wouldn't start and no drives could be detected connected to that controller.

Is there a difference between Intel Matrix RAID ROM and the Intel Rapid Storage Technology ROM? Possibly this could be what the issue is as the GA-X58A-UD3R normal states that it's using Intel Rapid Storage Technology when going through POST.

Cheers!

Did you load optimized defaults and enable extreme HD mode after flashing? Does AHCI work? I updated that, too, so that could be the/a problem.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology is the new name for the Matrix RAID drivers.
(06-29-2011, 11:19 AM)Dansolo Wrote: [ -> ]Did you load optimized defaults and enable extreme HD mode after flashing? Does AHCI work? I updated that, too, so that could be the/a problem.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology is the new name for the Matrix RAID drivers.
Hi Dansolo

I've tried using optimized defaults and extreme HD mode with no success. The HDD's don't come up in disk management within windows at all.

Interestingly, AHCI worked properly and was able to read the diskc correctly. Only problem is that it is no longer RAID Wink

Cheers,
Brad
Unfortunately, it sounds like the board may have reached its limit with 10.1, then.
Ahh - bummer! Looks like I'm going to have to opt for a RAID card then Smile
Try this:

-Intel Matrix RAID 10.5.1.1070 - should let you boot > 2TB GPT partitions
-JMicron JMB363 1.07.25
-Realtek PXE 2.39