Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: l502x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all

before i start i am very new to bios modding so any help would be very greatfully recieved.

i am using a xps L502x i have installed a pcie ssd to the spare pcie slot, installed all the drivers and it now works in windows as a data drive. the problem is dell have not written the boot from pcie option into the bios.i have spoken to them and they tell me they are looking into it as all it would need is a 'tweak'. hence why i am here. any suggestions?

Reagrds
eddie
please post a download link to the BIOS

Thanks
Admin
Hello
Same as Eddie151
Here is the Dowloadlink
http://support.euro.dell.com/support/dow....aspx?c=de&cs=dedhs1&l=de&s=dhs&releaseid=R303523&SystemID=XPS_L502X&servicetag=3CVQZP1&os=W764&osl=ge&deviceid=27126&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=3&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=1&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=457285
Thanks
Edding[/align]
Dell XPS L502X use Phoenix Tiano BIOS. It's UEFI BIOS. Since it's UEFI, it's similar with Insyde BIOS. Insyde BIOS can be unlocked but Insyde/UEFI BIOS is not my expertise. Please keep an eye on the Insyde BIOS thread for further news.