Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: alienware m11x bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive been able to extract the .exe bios for the a05 bios for the m11x r1 laptop. I am trying to enable EIST which is disabled when the overclocking option is enabled in bios, which locks the cpu multiplier at 6.0 so it cant hit 6.5.

Are theyre articles that will help explain how to do stuff like this?

Also would i be able to further unlock some more functions for cpu overclocking, like vcore control, memory timings, fsb speed, etc?

The "overclocking" option in the bios basically bumps up fsb, locks EIST, locks vcore. Its basically an off/on option that doesnt allow any manipulation.

I know the bios if a phoenix bios, and i extracted it and opened it with phoenixtools, but im not sure were to go from here.

Thanks for any help.
Here is the link to the bios from the dell website:

http://support.dell.com/support/download....aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R277948&SystemID=ALW_LP_M11X&servicetag=&os=W764&osl=en&deviceid=23754&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=4&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=1&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=410125