Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: hp pavilion dv2120us cpu upgrade problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi its me again, I just bought a used amd turion cpu for my laptop but when i put it in and power on my laptop the light come on and the screen blank then I put back my old cpu in there that working in there before and it booted up. I had also reflash the oldest bios still no change. what happen please help?
its the same hp pavilion dv2120us laptop

old cpu 1.6 GHz AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-52
used cpu i bought AMD Turion X2 mobile processor RM-72 2.1 GHz
bios link
or
bios link2
Unfortunately , these 2 CPU's are Physically incompatible!!!!!!!

While both CPU's use Socket SG1 , the TL-52 uses generation 1 and the RM-72 uses Socket SG1 Generation 2!! This means that the RM-72 is definately not going to work! Sorry!

If you go and get the latest BIOS Available (Version 3D dated 2009) if you dont have it already then id say from experience that the following CPU's SHOULD work fine , based off similar HP dv2xxx models:

TL-54 (Can be hard to find!)
TL-56
TL-58
TL-60 (BIG MAYBE!)

Regards
Admin
(06-18-2011, 03:06 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately , these 2 CPU's are Physically incompatible!!!!!!!

While both CPU's use Socket SG1 , the TL-52 uses generation 1 and the RM-72 uses Socket SG1 Generation 2!! This means that the RM-72 is definately not going to work! Sorry!

If you go and get the latest BIOS Available (Version 3D dated 2009) if you dont have it already then id say from experience that the following CPU's SHOULD work fine , based off similar HP dv2xxx models:

TL-54 (Can be hard to find!)
TL-56
TL-58
TL-60 (BIG MAYBE!)

Regards
Admin
thanks