Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Foxconn (Bengal) RS780 For specific CPU (link)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the RS780 motherboard in a GT5692, I want to buy the AMD Phenom II X4 3 GHz Processor
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Amd+945&hl=en&cid=13081719391050849964&os=tech-specs
for gaming, but I don't know what will happen if I buy one. I'm quite sure it's not supported. Could someone help me out with a CPU support upgrade?
Also, I saw there was a forum area for "unlocked" BIOSes. Is that for overclocking and such? If so, I couldn't mind getting my BIOS unlocked, does it have to be for a specific motherboard?
Thanks for helping out the noob.
Unlocked settings are basically settings in the bios which the manufacturer doesnt provide access to Tongue We can only unlock options if they are present but hidden. We cant add them if they arent there!

Yo can consult the manufacturers support site for cpu support on this cpu.

Ifits not supported then we can try and do a cpu upgrade by taking microsode out of the bioses of motherboard which do support that cpu but there isnt a guarantee that the bios mod will work and you always run the risk of bricking the motherboard from a failed or bad bios flash so its a risk you must decide to take or not

Regards
Admin