Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toshiba Satellite A135: Memory and Screen Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 2007 Toshiba Satellite A135-S4666, which wont accept/use more than 2GB RAM and I also cant put in a WSXGA screen instead of the current crappy resolution WXGA.

I'm hoping that someone could fix these issues by unlocking/modding its Phoenix BIOS.

Attached is the ROM file from the latest BIOS from Toshiba's website, and a CPU-z screenshot. Thanks.

[attachment=2085]
Motherboard = Toshiba IAKAA
Chipset = Intel i943/940GML
Southbridge = 82801GHM (ICH7-M/U)
Graphics = Intel 945 Express

Hope this additional info helps as well.
Hi,

The 940GML chipset only supported maximum 2GB of RAM. Modifying BIOS won't help. Regarding the WSXGA screen, I think you're trying to use a screen that require dual-link or two channel LVDS (hardware implementation). Not all notebooks has dual-link LVDS & I bet your notebook has one channel LVDS because if not, the screen should work out-of-the-box.
(05-15-2011, 01:58 PM)kizwan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

The 940GML chipset only supported maximum 2GB of RAM. Modifying BIOS won't help. Regarding the WSXGA screen, I think you're trying to use a screen that require dual-link or two channel LVDS (hardware implementation). Not all notebooks has dual-link LVDS & I bet your notebook has one channel LVDS because if not, the screen should work out-of-the-box.

Thanks a lot Kizwan.
Can this one channel LVDS limitation be overcome, or is it something designed inside 940GML? I mean is it possible to find WSXGA or higher with single link LVDS?
It's hardware limitation (motherboard). LCD panel with resolution higher than 1440x900 required dual-link LVDS transmitter.
(05-12-2011, 10:12 PM)taklantaran Wrote: [ -> ]Motherboard = Toshiba IAKAA
Chipset = Intel i943/940GML
Southbridge = 82801GHM (ICH7-M/U)
Graphics = Intel 945 Express

Hope this additional info helps as well.

I have that chipset, 3gb ram works (i943) 4gb gets a black screen, you can tell if its 943 or 940 by the dual channel memory support (cpuz shows this), the 940 is a no no for any real upgrades, the 943 does take 667mhz cpu's as I just fitted a t5600
(05-20-2011, 09:49 PM)kizwan Wrote: [ -> ]It's hardware limitation (motherboard). LCD panel with resolution higher than 1440x900 required dual-link LVDS transmitter.

Is there some reference to this from a lcd company?

thanks