Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: FIC K8M-800M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the latest bios last year directly from my computer's support site. I have been reading information on the subject of overclocking, as well thinking I would be able to. I ran clockgen but needed the pll number and not to my surprise, I didn't find any with this FIC motherboard. Anyway I found one similar in this site, but the link is down. I am trying to try Oc'ing this computer since I heard that AMD semprons from the early 2000's were easy to overclock with stock fans, I recently added another fan and my cpu is stable at 40, basically I am trying to get the most out of this computer since it can handle it and I don't want to invest in any hardware on an older pc.

Motherboard Name FIC K8M-800M

Motherboard ID 05/11/2005-K8M800-8237-6A7L1F09C-00

Award BIOS Type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Award BIOS Message Version VVC08EM
http://global-download.gateway.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_eMachines_VVC08EM_A_A.zip?acerid=633903954775596520&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=T%20SERIES&Step3=T3103&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=EMACHINES&SC=PA_6E
Try this at your own risk!

[EDIT: LINK DOWN] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/FIC%20K8M...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
(05-30-2011, 12:24 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Try this at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/FIC%20K8M...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin

Thanks! I will backup files/folders etc. and will try to flash later as it's the wee-hours of the morning. I've been looking for a flashable bios mod or cross flashing for about a month, tinkering with case fans and mod configurations to further cool this setup. I am using Win XP SP3, so I just recently, finally decided to install the DirectX 10 mod, and lo and behold it increase the performance of this PC by at least 35~45% videos are clearer, everything seems to work better, without the bios mod. I added a fan to the CPU drawing air in, since I ran into high 30's constantly having it the other way around. In addition, I made an upward facing solution for the GPU using my old spare and so far I have been getting mid to low 30's system/cpu and low 40's GPU even at the highest loads.. so I'm sure that a lot of folks can find this mod very useful, for those old eMachine setups out there.

Just as a quick-FAQ what features where you able to unlock besides the frequencies before I flash?

Late, mansgame
It unlocked this Sempron 3100+, it took me a while to figure out
the LDT timings and that they were the HT links I dropped it down to 200mhz
maxed out the bus to 232 and I am hitting low 40s @full load running 2 fans. I was not able to change the volts and vcore is this normal though?

idle load:
[Image: cpucomplete-maxedcpu11.jpg]

Edit: I meant to say I am running this with 2 case fans and 1 cpu fan on top of my stock cpu -sort of a ghetto mod if you will.

Note- Once I changed the bus value to around 207 or so without lowering the HT link PC (800Mhz default) wouldn't start normally, so lowering the LDT *HT link* 600Mhz or less was the most favorable.. in order to max the CPU, as I did to 2.08 Ghz, you need to use the minimum of 200 MHz for this one. I have experienced no problems whatsoever. I am using the stock 285~ watt PSU, and will probably add a SATA HDD in the future. Big Grin
Does this unlock the ability to be able to use both the IDE and the purposely disabled sata ports at the same time? Emachines shows the sata ports enable/disable, but specifically disables detection on the sata ports while something is on the ide ports ([censored] emachines)...would love to be able to use all 6 ports (2x2ide and 2 sata)